11.21.2008

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it

So in an earlier post I blogged a letter to Douglas Coupland. Doing some library research online, I found this letter to Coupland on a librarian's review blog of The Gum Thief, the same book that incited my letter:



Dear Mr. Coupland,

I just read The Gum Thief and found it to be such inane drivel that it was actually painful to read. It wasn't particularly funny or clever or well-written, but for some unknown reason, it got good reviews...elsewhere. But it just doesn't work for me. You seem bent on taking advantage of your notoriety as the guy who wrote Generation X. Okay, congratulations. Enough already.

Signed,

Not a fan



I wouldn't go that far, but she's Canadian, so I think she took it a bit personally.

Anyway, I still have to watch Georgy Girl, the Thanksgiving Gossip Girl episode, and I bought some music last night so hopefully I'll be posting soon.

No comments: